EXP (formerly ITEP) is offering various scholarship awards to support the college and career dreams of our students and alumni. By completing this application, you may be eligible to receive scholarships that range from $500 to $1000.
To qualify as an applicant for a scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a graduating senior OR alumni of one of EXP’s academies/pathways at the following high schools:
- Barstow High School (MXP, STEAM)
- Carson High School (ESET, GBLG)
- Gardena High School (GLA)
- Rancho Dominguez Prep (STEAM)
- Theodore Roosevelt High School (STEAM)
- Narbonne High School (BETA)
- Phineas Banning High School (ITA, MATCH, GSS, GESA, PATHS)
- San Pedro High School (Business House, GEA)
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.75
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited college, university, community or junior college, or vocational/technical program in the Fall of 2019. For alumni, you must be a current, full-time student of an accredited college, university, community or junior college, or vocational/technical program.
NOTE: Students from all listed EXP career academies/pathways are encouraged to apply. There are additional scholarship opportunities available to those interested in careers in global trade, transportation, and logistics.
Scholarships are awarded based on a broad view of the applicant’s character, academic ability, professional interest, dedication to the community, and career commitment. The Scholarship Committee will use a selection rubric that considers the following components: the applicant’s essays, work/volunteer experience, list of extracurricular activities and/or awards, letter of recommendation, and GPA.
NOTE: The items with the most weight in the criteria are: essay responses, letter of recommendation, and volunteer experience. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS.
COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2019
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
Scholarship winners will be notified in February and are expected to attend the 2019 Oceans of Opportunity Dinner and Scholarship Celebration on Thursday, April 4. Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon receipt of proof of Fall 2019 enrollment.
Should you experience any problems while preparing your application, please contact Martha Maciel, EXP Program Manager at (310) 648-4155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.